Online applications are accepted in the majority of Canadian institutions. For applying, the student has to visit the official website of the university/college. The majority of the time, the student will have to create an account on the institute’s official website, provide essential information, share the scanned documents, and pay the application charges. You will get to know about the application procedure and phases via this account. Since the application process may vary from university to university, visiting the university’s official website is recommended.
You can follow a timeline to complete your admission steps in time. Below you can find the timeline:
12-18 months before admission
- Research different universities in Canada and make a list of 8-10 universities you want to apply to. Note down the application requirements and deadlines by visiting the university website.
- Find out any scholarship opportunities available for the program you want to study.
- Start by downloading the brochures of the institutions you want to apply to. You can find the flyers on the website of the institute. In most cases, brochures are displayed on the websites more than a year before.
- It’s better to do some research on different accommodation options at this stage. You can either take on-campus accommodation or choose private accommodation.
10-12 months before admission
- Get yourself registered and start preparing for the language exam (IELTS/TOFEL/PTE/Duolingo). You will have to consult the admission team of the university to know about the required test.
- You need to register for the language test at least a month before the test day.
Time to apply:
- At this stage, you start creating your application. Through comprehensive self-assessment, put down all your strengths and highlight what sets you apart from others.
- Get in touch with your professors and managers and ask them to provide you with 2-3 reference letters.
- Start preparing your SOP and essays.
- Make sure that you apply before the deadline.
- Keep checking your emails frequently so that you don’t miss any email from the university/college
- Take video/personal interview conducted by the university/college
- On receiving your acceptance letter, make the final decision
- Update the university about your decision while keeping in view the application deadline
- To secure your admission, you will have to pay a non-refundable deposit.
Apply for the visa:
- Check visa requirements and prepare paperwork for the visa
- Remember that the visa process takes time; therefore, apply for the visa timely
Do you Want to Study Abroad?
Enter your details below and we’ll call you back when it suits you. Don’t worry; your information will be kept confidential.