Each course and degree level have different admission requirements. A minimum requirement for the English language has to be met to secure admission to a Canadian institution. Moreover, to apply in the humanities, the student must have 60% and above marks in intermediate, and to apply in science/commerce, the student must have 70-80% and above marks. Students who have obtained below 60% marks can apply for foundation and diploma courses.
Remember, these figures are quoted only to give you a rough idea. The actual numbers may vary from university to university.
When applying for the admission, following documents has to be shared:
- Attested copies of transcripts of intermediate and Bachelor’s degree (if applicable)
- Minimum two reference letters written by professors who have taught you
- In case of work experience, two letters of recommendation written by your employer who can pass fair judgments on your professional performance, skills, and abilities.
- Statement of Purpose
- Photocopies of score certificates of IELTS/PTE/TOEFL/Duolingo
- Portfolio (if the student is applying for courses like art, design, and architecture)
- Certificates of your academic and professional achievements (if any)
- Evidence of funds
- Medical Tests
4 Application fee: All Canadian colleges/universities require the student to pay a certain amount in the form of an application fee while applying for admission. The fee that needs to be submitted depends on the college/university and the course you are applying for. Hence, find out about the application fee while researching the college and course.
Steps of the application process:
- Research the institutions and courses
- Get in touch with the institutes and go through the websites
- Shortlist the institutions
- Appear in the entrance exams like IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, Duolingo
- Prepare your SOPs
- Ask for Letters of Recommendation
- Apply to the institution that suits you the best
- Take the video interview of the institutions that selected you
- In case of acceptance, apply for the student visa
Do you Want to Study Abroad?
Enter your details below and we’ll call you back when it suits you. Don’t worry; your information will be kept confidential.